Pet Travel Scheme

defraTraveling with the EU and any approved listed country.

  •  MicrochipYour pet must be microchipped before it’s vaccinated against rabies.
  • Rabies vaccination
  • You must wait 21 days after the vaccination before your pet can travel to or return to the UK from another EU or non-EU listed country.After the first vaccination and waiting period, you can enter the UK whenever you like as long as booster vaccinations are given on time and you continue to meet the other entry requirements.
  •  Pet passport and other documents

    Your dog, cat or ferret must have a pet passport or third country official veterinary certificate to enter (or re-enter) the UK.

    Ask your vet for a pet passport.

    The passport stays valid as long as you continue to meet the entry requirements.

  • Third country official veterinary certificate
  • Outside of the EU authorized vets issue official veterinary certificates instead of pet passports.
  • This certificate allows your pet to enter the UK (or another country in the EU). You’ll need other supporting documents too. Check your certificate for full details.
  • Tapeworm treatment (dogs only)
  • Your vet must treat your dog for tapeworm and record it in the pet passport or third country official veterinary certificate every time you want to enter the UK.

    The treatment must be given between 1 and 5 days (24 to 120 hours) before you’re scheduled to arrive in the UK.

    Your vet must record the following details in your dog’s pet passport or certificate:

    • the name and manufacturer of the product used to treat your dog
    • the date and time they treated your dog
    • their stamp and signature

    The treatment must have praziquantel or equivalent as its active ingredient.

    Pet Travel Contact Details

    Pet Travel Scheme helpline 0870 241 1710

    pets passport

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK